Foreclosure is a legal process in which the homeowner is unable to pay the mortgage and the property goes to a foreclosure auction to recover the outstanding debt. The lender may sell the property by short sale, but if it remains unsold, the lending institution takes the possession and the homeowners lose all the rights to the property.
If you are facing foreclosure for your home, you need to decide if it is worth it to fight foreclosure and to pay an attorney to help you in your case. But, in case, you have a valid defence and want to keep the property, you will need a professional help of an Orlando Foreclosure attorney. You need someone who has experience and skills to handle such cases.
Every case is different and has complex nuances that can make or break the case. It is a difficult task for the homeowners to mount a successful defense to the foreclosure by themselves when they will have to face some professional and skilled attorneys on the other side. Some of the cases in which the homeowners will need to have the assistance of a professional:
- The lending company didn’t follow proper procedures: The lending party needs to follow the state-specific rules and procedures to impose foreclosure. An attorney that is familiar with the state laws for foreclosure can help you find significant mistakes in the procedures that can be enough to dismiss the case.
- The foreclosing party doesn’t prove its ownership of the loan: If the foreclosing party can prove the ownership of your loan, they do not have the legal right for the foreclosure. An attorney can help you determine such conditions in which you can prove that the foreclosing party does not have standing in the foreclosure as they do not own your loan.
- Error in your account: If the company that manages your loan account, has made some serious mistake in your account like a failure in credit of payments, charged an unreasonable fee or misapplied some funds, your attorney can help you in figuring out such errors that can prove handy in your foreclosure defense.
In case you can prove your defense against the foreclosure, you should consult the professional help of an attorney who is experienced and skilled in handling foreclosure defense cases. If you decide to hire an Orlando Foreclosure attorney for your case, you need to speak to a number of lawyers and get more perspective and learn the strength and weaknesses of your case before deciding on hiring an attorney. Some of the most important questions that will help you in deciding the best lawyer for you are:
- The course of action needed in your case
- His experience in handling similar cases of foreclosure defense and ask for his portfolio and some previous successful customers.
- What will be his fee if you hire him?
Be sure to hire the best of the attorney that can help you get back the rights for your home without much hassle.